Senior Data Engineer (f/m/x)
Ever been frustrated with business and tech not understanding each other? We believe this friction can be minimized, using data insights.
TechMiners' solutions enable both tech and non-tech roles (like CEOs and investors) to make decisions that normally require deep technical skills and lengthy analysis. Our unique software product turns insights from tech data into actionable advice, transparency and ultimately trust; independently of the stakeholders' level of technology understanding.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for ingesting, maintaining and analyzing data from many sources, supporting development, consultants and other colleagues alike. Your passion for understanding and explaining technology will shape our data culture.
- Own the data processing architecture that powers our solutions by building, maintaining and optimizing
- Data infrastructure, internal tools and processes for ingesting, cleaning, processing and transforming data from various sources
- Data quality testing strategies & processes
- Documentation and communication of all the above
- Continuously research and optimize our data tech stack
- Support our consultants in generating insights from complex data, defining and performing analyses of specific companies’ data setups
- Set up and maintain the BI platform together with the BI team
- Contribute to a strong data culture that lives up to TechMiners vision
Your Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years experience as a Data Engineer in larger setups with strong data culture and complex scenarios
- Structured, organized and self managed working style
Demonstrable, strong experience in:
- structured research and selection of technologies (we still have choices to make)
- setup and maintenance of DWH, especially data lakes and analytics within AWS, GCP or Azure (certificates are nice-to-have)
- extraction, processing and transformation of data from various sources
- creation, maintenance and deployment of testable data processing pipelines
- visualization of data and creation of dashboards
- coding in Python, Julia or other relevant languages
- Passion to support, coach and mentor your colleagues on all data related topics
- Fluent English in speaking and writing is a must. Other languages are nice-to-have
- See many different tech companies from the inside, quickly building unique experience in how tech organizations really work (a skill normally acquired during years in leading tech positions)
- Make work life in tech companies more enjoyable and productive by enabling better decisions on technology through our solutions
- Company culture built on trust, transparency & ownership. Focus on outcome, not on output
- Regular feedback sessions and a clear career path
- Flexible hours around core office times and a family friendly culture. We are driven by excellent results and expect everybody to deliver, leaving you in charge of the “how”
- Quarterly Team Retreats & Friday chillouts
- Learning & Development Budget of 2.000€ p.a.
- Latest, performant hardware & tools you need to excel
- Comfortable loft office in the heart of Berlin Prenzlauer Berg / Mitte
- We encourage remote work, but strongly believe in the power of smart people together in one room. We also really enjoy in-person time with amazing colleagues
Our data-mining & analytics platform is inspired by data-driven approaches to engineering. What started as an idea to explore advantages over “manual” tech audits, today enables our specialized advisory services to leading investors, unique insights and speedy delivery of true expertise.
TechMiners’ success is possible thanks to our team of A-Players, founded by 3 battle-proven entrepreneurs with diverse experience in technology, company building, investing and strategy consulting.
We constantly iterate to achieve a most productive environment for brilliant minds looking for a serious challenge, truly meaningful work and amazing colleagues. If you share our belief that an integrated, mutual understanding of Business and Tech is key to outstanding organizations and excellent results, we would like to hear from you.
Your Turn: apply now!